I’m not like other girls!XD
I only have guy friends. I mean all girls do is start drama.
Oh my god, i hate sluts!
Other girls my age like to drink and party but i like to stay inside and read or watch netflix! I’m so weird.
All the girls in my school care about is makeup and shopping and all i care about is FOOD and VIDEO GAMES. lol sometimes i think i was born a guy.
WHAT IF MY COLORS ARE DIFFERENT THAN YOUR COLORS
They are, because people having varying numbers of Rods and cones in their eyes, it causes people to see colours differently.
Also there is a theory that everyone sees, for example, the colour red differently eg Red=yellow, but because we’ve been taught that, that specific colour is red, no one knows if everyone is seeing the same colour as another person.
Isn’t amazing how people don’t give a shit about misogyny until they can accuse muslims of it in order to justify their islamaphobia?
naturalbelle has flooded my tumblr dashboard with women from AfroPunk and I am here for it.
- Donations for Darren Wilson mysteriously halt after reaching over $400K. Darren Wilson Gofundme page officially shut down!!!
- The “Support Darren Wilson” Facebook page is deleting comments about basic financial questions and is urging supporters to petition against the Mike Brown Fund
- Time uses the word “negrophobia” instead of “racism” and compares fear of spiders to fear of black people. Seriously.
- The truth about flash bangs
- Public art on Canfield: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
- Video from the March on Ferguson
- Video from DC’s Mike Brown Rally
- 10 people from the Lost Voices organization are living in tents (x) until there is justice for Mike Brown
- Mike Brown’s family asks for 4 1/2 minutes of silence tomorrow instead of highway protest
Darren Wilson probably isn’t even in the country anymore.
Our community spends a lot of time discussing the divorce rate. Is success just staying together? Perhaps it would be more beneficial to shift the focus from just “preventing divorce” to “building strong marriages”.
Yasmin Mogahed (via islamicrays)
Or we should discuss the circumstances surrounding why black marriages that we admire in the olden days remained.
A lot of grandmothers stayed through abuse, alcoholism, not being able to find work or go to the schools they wanted. They stayed through being cheated on. They stayed through their husbands coming back with PTSD and untreated syphilis. They stayed through their husbands having completely separate marriages and families that they didn’t know about until much later in life.
Also the stigma of divorce was major back in the day. As was the stigma of being on wed and married. Girls were married as teenagers or sent away if they were pregnant. To avoid either some would throw themselves down flights of stairs to have abortions.
So no, the marriages that we admire. The marriages of grand parents and great grand parents are not tales of romance and long lasting love. They are testaments to what it was to be a black woman in America in those times. You couldn’t just get a divorce or shack up and not get shunned or denied employment and public mockery.
Thank you! I have an example of almost each of these riddled throughout my family history. So…yeah…they stayed together and I suppose they “loved” each other…but to what end, and at what cost?
I look only to my parents for marriage advice, and even then I take it with a grain of salt.